Monday, October 8, 2007

My baby doesn't like coffee

It's been 1 week since I took the 3 positive pregnancy tests. Yes, I know it's a bit wasteful to take 3 tests. I know they're designed to show a false negative rather than a shaky positive. I know all of this, and yet I still needed to take 3 tests to be sure. I needed to see that digital test say "Pregnant."

I still don't really believe it, though. Not many symptoms so far:
* Tired all the time
* Have to pee all the time
* Gas (is gas a pregnancy symptom?)
* Bloat
So far pregnancy just seems like a big, ugly digestive condition.

Also, my baby doesn’t like coffee. This makes me very sad because I LOVE coffee. But starting 5 days ago, coffee started tasting like dish soap. I thought maybe it was just a bad pot of coffee that day…but, no, it tastes like dish soap. Last night, Kenji started talking to the baby. He asked it to “tell” him whether it’s a boy or a girl. He even “listened” for an answer. Then he asked it if it’s a “boy who will grow up to be a great baseball player who will make millions of dollars and can then support us?” Nothing like laying the pressure on early.

No comments:

Post a Comment