Friday, March 6, 2009

Brought to you by about 4 hours of non-consecutive sleep

Four Eyes, Four Eyes
This ad from Facebook totally freaks me out. I hate it.














Walk, Don't Run

Well, it's not really running. It's not exactly walking yet, either. But, I've just about decided Tamsin is not going to crawl. She scoots around really well and she'll get up on her knees to rock a bit, but then drop down to move. She can get from point A to point B pretty quickly on her belly and elbows. Usually, Point A is where I've put her down with some little toys and Point B is a piece of furniture (or a large toy, or the stove, or the baby gate, anything with a little bit of height) she can use to pull up to standing. She's been able to pull up to standing for 2.5 months. But she still has a hard time getting into a sitting position by herself. Kid just doesn't do anything the way you expect her to do it.

Why aren't you listening to me?
Tamsin sleeps in a pack-n-play in our room for much of the night. I'm too lazy to go to her room just to give her a pacifier in the middle of the night. Anyway, yesterday she woke up a little bit earlier than usual - or maybe just earlier than I wanted to get out of bed. So she pulled up to standing (while I scooted to the center of the bed so she couldn't grab my face or hair). Then I hear, "eh." We ignored it. Then, "Eh" a little more emphatically. Still ignored it. "EH! EH!" Guess I need to pay attention to her at that point, huh?

Whining
Tamsin had a lot of colds during her first 6 months - averaging one a month up to about 4 months and then one cold after another for almost 6 weeks. Then she had her 6-month well child visit. In the 2.5 months since then, she's had rotovirus, strep (what 6.5 month old gets strep?) and RSV with pneumonia. Oh, and ear infections. I'd gladly go back to the colds at this point.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've had a lot of sickness. I think that is normal as her immune system develops. Not fun though. I hope you get a break now that winter is (hopefully) coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete