Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Calming Interlude

Match Made in Heaven
Sunday we went to the aquarium with Tamsin's boyfriend and his parents. He's five weeks older than her and, truth be told, they really haven't spent much time with each other. At any given time, one of them is sleeping (him) or having a meltdown (her). After the aquarium, we went to lunch and their highchairs were placed side by side. Silly girl couldn't keep her hands off of him. Actually, she was trying to grab his food, I think. Or she was hitting him.* But then, he was taking her bottle. And don't even get me started with the toys. Somehow, someday, these two little persons will look at each other and realize they've been in love since before their first birthdays.

*Tamsin was in a very hitty mood this weekend. When the waitress was leaning over the table, Tamsin was hitting her bum. I wonder if she's still too young to understand "personal space."

Lean, Mean Machine
I've been working out for about 2 months now. I usually get 3 to 6 workouts in each week. Whether I work out that day is very much tied to how Tamsin slept the night before - a good night means a workout day, a bad night means no energy. Anyway, I think I'm starting to see results. I can feel more tone in my thighs and glutes. Now, no one is going to look at me and think I have a toned body. In fact, most people looking at me will only see the layer of fat covering the more toned muscle, but *I* know it's there. Now I wish all that work would translate into a smaller dress size - I miss my clothes.

New Milestones
So, I posted the video of Tamsin's first word last week. What I didn't get on video was the unsupported step she took between the couch and her piano. This was followed by 2 steps at her uncle's house this weekend. And, apparently, 3 steps last night chasing me when I left the room. I'm so proud of her...and a little scared, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment