Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sugar Free

I've decided to spend 2 weeks not eating any sugar. I need to break the sugar habit. It's also an experiment in self-discipline.

Here are the rules:
No desserts or candy (obviously)
No sugar in my coffee
No fake sugar (which I don't like anyway)
As much natural sugar as I want - fruit is perfectly OK
Honey is OK as long as it's in something I would use honey for anyway - like in tea. A cake made with honey would defeat the purpose.
No sweetened processed/prepared foods - like flavored yogurt

Kenji is laughing at me for this. He doesn't think I can do it. Which, of course, makes me all the more determined to finish out my 2 weeks.

In preparation, I'm going to have sugar at every meal. For breakfast, I had a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. I'll probably have something protein-ish in a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! If you make it the whole 2 weeks you'll be my hero.

    ReplyDelete