Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And the Beat Goes On...

Making Do
Tamsin has learned how to move the blanket for peek-a-boo. She starts smiling as soon as she sees I have a blanket to put over her head. She promptly tries to eat it before pulling it down to start play. Then she puts it up and down and up and down. Now, though, if I'm not fast enough with the blanket, she'll use her dress - lifting it up and down and up and down. I hope she's not still doing this in 15 years.

No Pain No Gain?
After years (4 years? 5?) of wanting it, I finally purchased the Yoga Booty Ballet exercise DVDs. I've done a different workout every night this week and I don't hurt. Well not much. How is that possible? Hopefully the lack of pain is a sign of a well-designed workout with sufficient warm up and cool down periods and not an indication that I'm not working hard enough.

I Think I Need an Intervention
I can't stay away from Facebook. It's becoming a serious addiction. So far this morning, I've changed my status twice, reconnected with 2 new friends and made probably half a dozen comments. And today is actually a good day. Is there a Facebook 12-step program?

Tamsin's Firsts
I don't have a baby book. This is the closest thing I've got to a journal. So, I'm going to record her milestones here before I forget them.

  • First smile: 17 days
  • First laugh: About 8 weeks? I almost missed it. I got out of the shower and heard her laughing in the other room. The Ocean Wonders Aquarium was really funny.
  • First Rollover: She rolled both directions on the same day. Front to back in the morning, back to front that night. September 26, 3.5 months old.
  • First tooth: The day before her 7-month birthday.
  • First thing she "watched" on TV: Obama's nomination acceptance speech. She thought the faces on TV were really interesting. (Yes, I know this isn't a "real" first, but it's cool just the same. She also watched the inauguration with me.)
  • What firsts am I still missing?

2 comments:

  1. Yoga booty ballet? I'm intrigued....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun, Michelle! I don't know if I'm seeing results yet, but I'm enjoying it.

    And I do read your blog. It even says so to the right. See?

    ReplyDelete