Friday, February 13, 2009

Where Irrationality and Rationality Meet in Perfect Harmony

Will it lower her cholesterol by 4%?
Finally, we've found a solid food that Tamsin will actually eat. Cheerios. She won't eat more than about 5 bites of any puree or baby cereal. She spit out the avacado pieces we gave her. She's gagged on banana chunks and carrots, but she seems to like them OK. But she ate every Cheerio I gave her last night. Maybe this means she's a carb-person like her mommy?

My Own Private Focus Group
I have an irrational hatred of a commercial. I can't find it online, so here's a brief description:
I think it's for Chase. A man and a woman go into a restuarant and she starts reading the menu. He focuses in on the "cash-only" notice. So he runs outside and defies death trying to get to an ATM for cash. Meanwhile, she's just reading every. single. item on the menu, never looking up. She finishes the menu just as he gets back to his seat. Every time I see it (which is often since Chase seems to a major sponser of my local morning news), I can't help mentally tearing it apart. Why can't the guy just *tell* his date he doesn't have cash? And what restaurant only accepts cash in the first place? And who reads a menu, out loud, like it's a book, without ever looking at the person their talking to? Gah! I get angry just thinking about it.

From Hate to Love
I have an irrational love for online message boards. I've been a regular message board user since 2002. I met my husband on one. I am proficient in multiple message board formats. I spend an extraordinary amount of time browsing the boards I frequent. Yes, that is multiple boards. Did I not just say "irrational love" and "extraordinary amount of time?" If I have a problem, I go to message board land to solve it. If the problem can't be addressed by one of the boards I currently frequent, I go out and find one. When we bought our Nissan in November and I had questions, did I go to Nissan for answers? No. I went and joined a Nissan message board. I'm thinking another 12-step program may be in order here.

1 comment:

  1. Coachman's on state street only accepts cash. That is why we never frequent there. Plus, they really suck.
    Now you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete